AWS Lambda – An AWS Computing Tool
When Should I Use AWS Lambda?
* Scalable APIs
* Data processing
* Task Automation
How AWS Lambda Works
Lambda fills the primary role of the compute service on AWS. There are 5 keys concepts to understand how Lambda works.
1. Function – This is the resource you can call on to run your code.
2. Runtime – This will allow functions in different coding languages to run in the same environment.
3. Event – This is a JSON formatted document that contains data for a function to process.
4. Concurrency – This is the number of requests that your function is serving at any given time.
5. Trigger – This is a resource or configuration that invokes a Lambda function.
So, think of it as your organization will run functions to process events. In addition, this is a fully managed service and is a great fit for deploying highly scalable cloud computing solutions.
Benefits of Using AWS Lambda
* Automatic Scaling
* Fully managed infrastructure
* Pay per use
* Integration with other AWS services
AWS Lambda Limits
Intrigued? Want to learn more? Cloud Rush takes a hands-on approach. From conventional data center infrastructure and operations to hybrid cloud infrastructure and application development to serverless computing and containerization, our business is built on years of specialized industry experience. Cloud Rush offers complimentary consultations for all of our clients to see which services will fit with your current business operations.