Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers their Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR) tool for big data processing and analysis. The MapReduce software frame allows vast amounts of data to be processed quickly and cost- effectively. In addition, EMR securely and reliably handles a broad set of big data use cases, including log analysis, web indexing, data transformations (ETL), machine learning, financial analysis, scientific simulation, and bioinformatics. This is accomplished by using open source tools such as Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Apache HBase, Apache Flink, and Presto, coupled with the dynamic scalability of Amazon EC2 and scalable stores of Amazon S3. Whether you are running a single purpose, short lived cluster or a long running highly available cluster, Amazon EMR is a tool that will provide your organization the flexibility you have been looking for. Let’s explore further the benefits that Amazon EMR will provide to your business.
Amazon Web Services Amazon EMR Benefits
There are many benefits you will reap when you make use of AWS’s Amazon EMR. Here are the top 5 benefits to using Amazon EMR:
1. Ease of Use – Everybody wants easy and that is what Amazon EMR will provide. EMR will launch clusters in minutes. There is will be no need to worry about node provisioning, infrastructure setup, Hadoop configuration, or cluster tuning. Amazon EMR takes care of these tasks so your team will be able to focus on the analysis. This will allow your teams to collaborate and interactively explore, process and visualize the data in an easy to use format.
2. Low Cost – The cost of Amazon EMR is a low-cost solution. It is will be a predictable charge. Amazon EMR can be billed at a per-second rate with a one-minute minimum charge. For example, you can launch a 10-node EMR cluster with applications such as Apache Spark, and Apache Hive, for as little as $0.15 per hour.
3. Reliable – Amazon EMR will provide the reliability your team will need. EMR will allow your team to spend less time tuning and monitoring your cluster. EMR is tuned for the cloud, and constantly monitors your cluster — retrying failed tasks and automatically replacing poorly performing instances. EMR provides the latest stable open source software releases, so you don’t have to manage updates and bug fixes, leading to fewer issues and less effort to maintain the environment. With multiple master nodes, clusters are highly available and automatically failover in the event of a node failure.
4. Security – Amazon EMR security is the highest priority. Security is a shared responsibility that is shared between AWS and your organization. A security plan will be put into place to ensure your data is secure.
5. Flexible – You have complete control over your cluster. You have root access to every instance, you can easily install additional applications, and customize every cluster with bootstrap actions. You can also launch EMR clusters with custom Amazon Linux AMIs and reconfigure running clusters live without the need to re-launch the cluster.
AWS’ Amazon EMR software for big data processing and analysis is a must for your AWS strategy. The framework will allow your developers to create programs that process immense about of data. As well as provide them ease of use, low cost, reliable, secure and flexible benefits. Let’s talk about how Amazon Web Services Amazon EMR can work with your organization.
Cloud Rush specializes in cloud assessments, strategy and planning, cloud migration, managed cloud services, as well as disaster recovery. Our “service that never sleeps” approach takes a hands-on, human approach to IT. Partnering with best in class solutions, Cloud Rush wants to be your partner with your cloud long and short-term